Monday, July 12, 2010

Popcorn

My air-pop popcorn machine blew up tonight. HUGE bummer for me. I have always been a big fan of air popped popcorn. My husband doesn't understand, he prefers microwaved with extra butter...YUCK! And after a year of popping corn from a commercial machine for 300+ elementary kids, movie popcorn just grosses me out!
I can remember my dad saying that this was his special treat (air popped corn) and would only pop it after all of us kids would go to bed. I shared a room with my older sister Shalisse and she would always find a way to manipulate me into sneaking out to the living room to ask if we could stay up and have some with him. Without fail he would agree and we would climb up on his lap and eat his popcorn. The moment I moved out of my parents house I had to run to Walmart and purchase my own machine so I could have my comfort food! My air popper cost me $46 and has lasted close to 12 years:( If I wasn't set to deliver my 3rd child next week and the local Super Walmart wasn't so busy that I would have to park a mile away and hitch hike to the store and then get there and find out that they quit stocking them just last month, I would go right now buy one just so I could sleep easy tonight knowing that I had an air pop popcorn machine nestled on the bottom shelf in the island of my kitchen!

No comments: