Friday, August 20, 2010

OUR BABY GIRL


The Story
My due date was Aug 3 but my c-section date was scheduled for Wednesday July 21 at 6:00 am. My mom and dad were going to arrive the Monday before to watch our boys for a week while we adjusted, my bags were backed, a name picked out, told everyone that needed to be told what the schedule was, and alls we needed to do was sit back relax and wait for the day to come. Saturday I ventured out to pick up my friend and her kids from the airport and hung out with her until Jody came home to chill with me. That night I was very restless and anxious. I couldn't sleep so I hung out on the couch and watched SNL and infomercials until 2:00 am. At 3:00 am I rolled over in the bed and knew something wasn't right. I ran to the tub...My water had broke! After freaking out I calmly opened the door and told Jody what had happened. Thankfully my friend that I picked up from the airport 12 hrs earlier was home and lives down the street and answered the phone cause my parents hadn't even left Cedar yet!

When we arrived at the hospital we were informed my doctor was on vacation and a man that I had just been introduced to was going to deliver our baby. I was freaking out! Some stranger was going to cut into me! Being the awesome man that he is my husband held my hand and whispered very softly that this man was a professional and does these surgeries all the time. They wheeled me into the OR and called out 7:20 am as the start time. After a weird conversation about automatic fish feeders they called out "delivery time 7:26" and that is when I heard her!

SAVANNAH LAURYN

7LBS 13OZ

20"

No comments: