Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TODAY

Today was the most emotional day of my life. This last month Jody has been interviewing for a management position with Union Pacific Rail Road. Last Friday was the final interview and they said that they would extend offers on Monday and Tuesday. Well Monday and Tuesday came and went and no offer was made in the Valentine Household. I woke up this morning in a totally awful mood. I was crying -no bawling- over everything. How could I be so stupid as to quit my job when others were being laid off and how horrible to put my family in a bad financial situation, on and on. I just couldn't stop crying. Then at 1:25 Jody received and email that offered him a position! Yes folks we are officially making the rail road a family business (Jody's dad retired from the rail road two years ago, both of our brothers work for the rail road!)! The only down side to this is we are moving:( We are moving to the great Lone Star State, home of Sandy Cheeks, Hank Hill, and George Straight, Texas! El Paso Texas to be specific. We are not sure when the family will be moving down, but Jody reports to training Oct 27!
So I went from miserable, to top of the world all in the last 9 hours. I am ready for a nap!

7 comments:

mj said...

Natalie told us the good news a few minutes ago! Congrats! That is awesome that you got a job!! But we are sad that you are moving. Boo. We will miss you guys.

Sarah said...

YAY for a job! We will miss you guys. Isn't there a railroad pretty close by? Hmm...I think I hear one right now outside my window! Too bad it's not closer :(

Kaylynn said...

I am so excited for you guys. But so sad you are moving. I can't tell you how much fun we had having you as neighbors - and how glad I am that I attended the "one and only scrapbook night" at Megan's house so I could praise ELM STREET (did I just say praise) and get the best neighbors ever. I have a flood of emotions right now - We have to have one last girls night out! Ok I'm done - we'll talk to you later!

Kaylynn said...

OK I'm not done - one more thing - you better keep this blog updated so I can get my Corbin and Cameron fix every day. OK now I'm done.

Natierae said...

Howdy ma'am...get used to it!!! I cant believe you guys are moving. Its so bittersweet. I am so happy that you guys have an amazing job, but so sad to see you go. Promise you'll come back every now and then.

The Lencioni's said...

Congratulations on the job. We will miss you.

Zach and Jessi said...

Congratulations on the job!