Friday, November 21, 2008

THANK YOU MOM!!!

I must be the luckiest daughter in the world! My mom came to take care of me this week while I was "ill". She dropped everything in S. Utah and flew here within 12 hours of finding out I miscarried.
She put up with my grumpy children, did my laundry, made my boys two pairs of pajama pants, AND permed my hair to help lift my spirits! She is totally awesome!
I have to tell the story of my awesome perm:
When I was younger my mom would hold a perm-athon. She would perm us three girls (me and two sisters), my aunt, and my grandma's hair. She was amazing and the house ended up stinking for days afterwards, but we all looked adorable! So we decided to perm my hair while she was here. The day before the perm we drove to Sally's to by a perm and rods. We wanted to make sure everything was laid out and ready so we didn't have to get up. Well have was through her rolling my perm we realized that we shouldn't have combined the perming solution until AFTER we were done rolling not before. So we finished rolling my hair and off to Sally's we went to buy the second box of perm solution. We got home and I cut a top in of the bottle and started applying the STINKY, EYE BURNING solution. Well, I cut the whole too big and the bottle only covered have my head!
We wrapped a Wal mart bag around my head and went back to Sally's for perm number3! We didn't want the timing to be too off so we decided to apply the solution in the parking lot! It was awful!

Curlers

It turned out really good!

2 comments:

The Lencioni's said...

Your hair looks great. What an adventure. I am sorry about your miscarriage, thank goodness for moms.

summergibbs said...

I'm so sorry that you had a miscarriage and I didn't even know. I wish I could've been there for you...thank goodness for June! P.S. The hair looks freakin' awesome!