Sunday, January 18, 2009

THEY CAUGHT ME

Today was a very eventful day at church. They received our records and welcomed us to the ward in Sacrament. While waiting for Sunday School Bro. Bartlett our second counselor called us in to the Clerk's Office to give us our callings. (OH JOY!!) They called us to be team teachers in the Primary! Jody (He was excited to have an easier calling then Scout Master) gladly accepted for the both of us while I sighed to myself and thought "Here we go again, another 5 years in Primary!" Children must LOVE me!
While leaving Sunday School the first counselor called us over to the corner and asked me to speak next Sunday. Argh! I dodged this bullet for the last 8 years!
Then during Relief Society I was asked to read the longest quote and scripture.
THENNN, after Relief Society the lady whose calling is to welcome new members into the ward stopped us and informed us that she needed to take our picture for the ward directory that is posted online! If I would have known I would have washed my hair and spent more time on my make-up this morning!
Today I was popular!

1 comment:

mj said...

Wow! they are totally on top of it! Nice way to welcome you into the ward!