Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CORBIN, CORBIN, CORBIN

There were definite times when I was not sure if Corbin was going to make it.
This is a little boy that if you were in need of a good cuss word he could provide one for you and in perfect context.
This is a boy that was once thought to be the leader of the California Chapter of the Jr. KKK (if there is one!)
This is a boy that no matter how many times asked or bribed or disciplined would not sit still in primary.
But last Sunday this boy surprised me.
We were sitting in Sacrament when it was announced that an older lady and her husband were baptized the night before and would be confirmed. He looked up from tormenting his brother and stared. He asked why they were so old. I proceeded to tell him that some people don't know about the gospel when they turn 8 and that is why missionaries are so important. He then shushed me!!! I thought, "Great, he is never going to learn."
When the older couple were both finished with their confirmation, still staring he said:
C: I want to do that.
M: What, be baptized?
C: No THAT. I want to be a missionary and do THAT.
I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. I just put my arm around him and kissed the top of his head and thanked the Lord for showing me that what we teach our children is never in vain!

2 comments:

mj said...

can i take him home?! that was so sweet...that boy is growing up!

Rachel said...

This one pulled me out of hiding...very sweet.