Monday, January 12, 2009

VISITING TEACHER'S ROOM


So I have heard rumors of complaints that I am not blogging about my new home. I didn't want to seem like I was bragging, plus things are not 100% the way I want them so I am hesitant to post pictures. But to please my audience I will post about my pride and joy, my visiting teacher's room aka the formal living room.
The couches are not new but the rest of the furniture is. We stumbled onto a furniture auction the first we were here! The experience was amazing! I had only been to cattle auctions before and was always fascinated with the auctioneer but I was always on the selling end and never knew the excitement of being the buyer! It is bitter sweet that the auction was only 3 days, if it had been longer then I would be broke and my house would be full of furniture; but I miss the excitement!
The amour retailed for $1800 and we won it for $450. The clock retailed for $2000 and that was another $450 win. The coffee table Jody won for $50 and the sofa table I won for $150. We also won a couch that retailed for $2300 for $450 (We put that in the upstairs family room). It was a blast and we furnished out home for a fraction of the price.
The walls are bare right now, I watching HGTV and constantly shopping for the perfect wall hanging!

5 comments:

mj said...

it is beautiful! and yes...we all want to see more pics of your new home. mostly because we can't visit.

Kaylynn said...

more pictures - more pictures - more pictures! If I can't come visit at least post more pictures!

Kristin said...

I love it! It looks very charming! I am looking forward to seeing many more pics.!

Sarah said...

What a nice house...this is making Texas living look all too tempting! I LOVE LOVE that clock. Good taste girl.

Natierae said...

SO pretty. I love the clock. Very classic