Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh "k" already!

That's for you Kaylynn!;)
I haven't blogged for a couple of months, and it isn't because I haven't thought about it or even attempted...it's because I can't get myself to commit to the "publish post" button. My family hasn't had the best of luck lately...at least I didn't think so until tonight.
Jody had school tonight so I knew I would have some time to myself as soon as the boys went to bed. I ran a bath for Corbin and Camren, changed my clothes and started stretching for my run on the treadmill. The door bell rang and I got distracted but was quickly brought back when I heard giggling coming from the bathroom. I opened the door to a flooded bathroom and the boys taking turns slipping around on the "slip and slide" they had just created. No I don't have pictures!!! I got them dressed and cleaned up the mess to find them thrashing the kitchen and taking all my clean dish towels out use them as capes. Bed time came (Thank goodness). When I came into their room I found that EVERY blanket in the house was fashioned to the top bunk in their bunk beds; they had made a fort! I was too tired and to fight it. I read the bed time story and we ALL fell asleep. When I woke up Camren was wrapped up in my legs (freshly shaved this morning!) and Corbin's fingers were wrapped in my hair!
Then it hit me. All of the troubles and trials have been answering my prayers! Crazy how that works. Loosing my baby in April, working for a horrific manager, pushed me to the point of crazy and sick 'til I quit! Now I am here and a whole new world of stress and crazy has been opened up; I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

It's about time!!!!! Glad to have you back MOM!!!! And I so relate to the slip and slide - those long bathrooms are PERFECT - you probably have some water left over from our side and all the times my boys flooded their bathroom. So I expect more posts now - just ignore your kids - stick them in front of the TV - shove their faces with food and BLOG!!!! That's what I do!!! (I'm only kidding - it's just what I wish I could do!)

The Lencioni's said...

Isn't motherhood great! I'm just glad we when we have those little moments to remind us that it is all worth it.